Friday, June 13, 2008

I survived the Manhattan, KS Tornado!

































I took a bunch of freshmen girls to Manhattan, Ks this week for cheerleading camp at K-State. Wednesday evening, 6-11, we were huddled in the basement of our dorms for over 2 hours. When we woke up, here is what we saw. I said a big time prayer, and I am very grateful that no one was hurt. The building I was in, was unharmed, but everything around it was totally destroyed, including all the cars in the parking lot. Luckily, our Goddard Van was parked in a different lot, and was untouched. I was definately counting my blessings after this.
















The building in the background is the dorms that I was staying in. My room was on the top floor.






1 comments:

TMATR said...

Vanny - Way too scary, your mother must have been freaking out! We are glad you and that baby are okay! So can you work on keeping life boring for the next little while!