January 6, 2009
7 lbs. 14.8 oz.
20 1/2 inches long
9:42 am
9:42 am
How he made his grand entrance:
It all started with Taco Bell and Chinese food, washed down with a chocolate cream filled horn and a tall glass of milk. Monday, January 5, I had a craving for Taco Bell for lunch, so I ate that. For dinner, my mom brought out some Chinese food and helped us get a few more things ready for the baby. I woke up, Tuesday morning, around 1:15am with what I thought was a stomachache. I went and took a massive shyster thinking that would help. NOPE! So, I took another one a few minutes later, took some Rolaids, drank a couple glasses of water and tried to go back to sleep. All the meanwhile, Raymond was sleeping downstairs in the guestroom because he had a massive headache and hadn't been feeling well.
So, I couldn't go back to sleep and so I walked around for a bit, tried to watch t.v. and nothing seemed to help. Then I thought, hmmm.........maybe this is labor?!?! I tried to time my "pains" and they were coming every 7 or 8 minutes. I went and woke Raymond up, he immediately put the bags in the car and got ready. I kept trying to tell him and myself that these pains would go away. HA HA HA! Then, Raymond started timing them, they were 5 minutes apart and off to the hospital we went..............REMEMBER........this all started around 1:15 am, then we finally checked into the hospital around 4:00 am. They said I was at a 5! So, I got in, changed, and got my epidural (YES!!!) and an hour later I was at an 8 and it was time to go! So at 9:42 am with only an hour of pushing, Reece James was born!
I must be made to have babies.......he came fast, and it really wasn't that bad (yes, you're laughing by now). We came home Thursday afternoon and have been adjusting to life with an infant. I am tired!!!!!!!!!!




5 comments:
He is so cute! I like the picture with Raymond possibly changing a diaper, welcome to parenthood, It's wonderful! Can't wait to meet him.....And yes, your stomach ache was definitely contractions, strange aren't they?
Odessa
He is a keeper. Hope to see him too, even though I do not have someone for him play to with.
Congratulation to this wonderful little boy. You guys did a good job :-)
Viele Grüße aus Deutschland, Juliane
We think he is SO PRECIOUS! It makes me want to have another kid! Oh wait... I have a little baby. Cherish every little thing...they grow WAY TOO fast.
Vanny,
WE WANT MORE PICTURES. You will notice with a baby how many more comments you will get. Reece is sweet and cute! I am anxious to see him, hopefully sooner than later. Don't hesitate to call me at wee hours of the night if you just need someone besides a crying baby to talk to. We love you,
Shayla and Max
Post a Comment